The Gaslamp Killer is set to release his Debut “Breakthrough” on Flying Lotus´ Brainfeeder Imprint. The co-founder of Los Angeles´ legendary Low End Theory club night remains on his first full length work faithful to his hyperactive sci-fi Jazz sound, that is known from his preceding EPs. It´s just great how this genre crossing music shakes you mentally and links you with its sample diversity directly into hyperspace. “It is music for the brain, not for the body” says The Gaslamp Killer in the video below and we agree. Great stuff!
The Album will be released on September 17th.
1. Breakthrough Intro
2. Veins (with Gonjasufi)
3. Holy Mt Washington (with Computer Jay)
5. Critic (with Mophono)
6. Dead Vets (with Adrian Younge & MRR)
7. Flange Face (with Miguel Atwood-Ferguson)
9. Apparitions (with Gonjasufi)
10. Impulse (with Daedelus)
11. Peasants, Cripples & Retards (with SAMIYAM)
12. Meat Guilt (with RSI)
14. Nissim (with Amir Yaghmai)
15. Keep It Simple Stupid (with Shigeto)
16. Seven Years of Bad Luck for Fun (with Dimlite)
17. In the Dark…